Monday, October 08, 2007

With Sympathies on the Morning Sickness and Odd Haircuts

A couple weeks back the news of many second babies started to flow.

It does have me thinking. It has me driven to be all sage and bossy. I think about a need to fulfill the cliche of parent-to-parent mentor urges that I so abhor when directed to me. ENJOY!

I want to make sure you all will look forward to it. And, not waste time on fear. My only way to do it seems to succinctly summarily supply what is ACTUALLY hard about it and thus represent how small the hardness is amongst all the sweet, lovely, adorable, yummy fun, good cheer bliss of expanding your families.

Hahahaha good luck!

To hijack one of my own comments I'll try and put it into words. No matter that it will, of course, be different for you.

Sense my hesitation please but indulge my blither.

Don't look to me to sugar coat. Having more than one child is hard work but not really as mind shatteringly hard as learning to have a child at all. You have been through that and fared well. Soldier on.

So what is the hard part? Simply put it is that you have now made the choice to entangle two souls. You will make two people risk their feelings on each other, and they are each your children. It is so much easier to make your child get along with and in the world... than it is ever to make a loved-one love and be loved by a loved-one. We all know that love has its pitfalls. It is an opening of self to so much good but also to tenderness and injury.

It is hard to have either child feel the pain for even one moment of learning to love. But, of course, it is worth it. Not just for them but also to bask in the aura of love in development while softly-smugly in possession of the smiling-burden of the aforementioned knowledge. Grin through the puking ladies!



ps... I got some important and useful feedback from some terrifically smart parents on my posts above, check out those comments.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Every little bit of wisdom helps.

one of those comments said (I'm paraphrasing) "let them love each other and the rest will follow." I think that will be my motto.

6:01 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Thanks for the thoughts. I am sitting here today with three could-be-might-be-who-knows embryos tucked deep inside me, feeling very hopeful. I will try to keep up that feeling. The haircut is another thing. Maybe you can write a whole post with some advice on what to do with mine. I need help.

2:42 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Good to hear. Just in case and all.

4:26 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

That's a nice thing to hear. Even if it is impossible to smile through the puking.

5:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh totally....when both my babies are piled up around me in bed. When they run to see me. When I hear them play together....

It gets you through the rough stuff.

10:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home