Sunday, June 01, 2008

In with the questions tonight

Hey anybody out there looking for a sociology or womens studies thesis? I can't stop wishing someone would take up the following:

Grief, guilt, blame and the identity of motherhood

I read that dear nonlinear one today and can't help intersect it a bit with the excellent deconstructions done by the angelic medusas at glow in the woods, I mean stuff like this.

I'm not in with the answers my friends, only the questions.

Might our procreation not be, in fact, a divine perpetual manifest powerlessness? The randomness and the limitless aches... so long suffocated... so long denied any room. I am glad this space has emerged for some words.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bon said...

thanks, Mo-Wo.

it would make a hell of a dissertation, yes...but is almost too big even for that. at least so says my chickenshit brain. :)

8:30 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Thanks for the pointer to glow in the woods, I will check it out. Certainly this whole "can we/can't we make a baby" is a big stick with which to hit myself over the head, uselessly. Some days I know that, but on other occasions there is nothing else to be done but poke at my known bruises and then cry that it hurts.

8:52 a.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Finding Glow in the Woods was like someone giving me a warm from the dryer blanket...

But what is it about guilt and pain and motherhood?

Experience it all at Odin Books the other day..books on every single flaw and every single thing that makes life hard ..instead of self help..all I saw was self blame

12:53 p.m.  
Blogger sweetsalty kate said...

aww, crunchy carpets, you just made my week with that blanket comment. I'm so honoured that you feel that way.

And thanks mo-wo for the shout out. I don't seem to have many answers these days either, just questions...
xo

7:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home