Monday, October 13, 2008

Vote

Last week I was irritating people on the phone asking about support for a local candidate. One call was remarkable. It was a conversation I had with a voter who wasn't impressed with the campaign website. I won't go into deep detail but suffice it to say she was the most articulate of the many many people who gave me the impression they were doing the majority of their final decision making based on reading candidates websites. Seriously? You gotta know I loves me some internet but holy!!! Those candidates better get it together. Online electioneering is, so far, a pretty analog race. (Still, there maybe hope.)

Today I was out on the streets in the rain, workin' the election. Haulin' my partisan ass up a few stairs, speakin' up and out for my favorite candidate, but get this... I don't entirely care who you vote for, I don't really even care how you decide. But, I do care if you vote.

Do it people! Let's see how this turns out.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember: if you don't vote, you can't complain. It's a rule.

So, c'mon Marxist-leninists! This is gonna be our year! Or not.

9:10 p.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

We are in synch. I volunteered for a candidate today, wrote a similar post for tuesday.

10:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel totally guilty for turning down them when they asked me to help out with calls...

I said I was too busy!

And yeah..they all gotta get going on web sites....that is what people are trying to check out.

5:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home