Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Eat the rich

I was in the Starbucks line and just suddenly felt all slimey and sickly sweet. My head was full of wondering about the onslaught of Hannah Montana lyrics my daughter had harvested this week from childcare. I really must take some time off!!

I was zoning out on the cranberry bliss bars. All the goodies nestled neatly into the case as we morphed this week to the Christmas. Bliss bars, Mint Chocolate Decadence, Eggnog Orgasms everywhere!!! Hannah in my head and Cinderella peeking around the corner a lilting Snow White giggle lingers in the air nearby.

The rich. The rich! The silky, sweet, sparkly, cookie-doughlike richness of this life.

I peered to Granville street where that homeless guy with the thoroughly insane hair drank another half a house blend with hot water. He buys them with the money he begs for on the street before he picks the butts in the back alley ashtrays. I could make him out and in a moment my eyes drained the relax into my brain through each pupil. Like that moment you look into the distance after too long on the computer.

Eat the rich. I am so sick of it all. Wish me luck off the caffine grid tomorrow, I give it three days.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger p-man said...

Um, you just called me from Starbucks.

11:22 a.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I was going to give you six hours but then I read P-man's comment and it already seems as if you've thrown yourself off the caffeine wagon.

Nice effort, though. I wouldn't have lasted 30 minutes.

7:35 a.m.  
Blogger clara said...

couldn't you just go to a nice, independent coffee shop instead of throwing out all the caffeine? caffeine is good for you! Keeps you supple!

1:51 p.m.  
Blogger clara said...

PS: I had never heard of a cranberry bliss bar but I tasted one the other day. Bleh. Gingerbread with canned frosting.

7:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home