Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Woman Mother

When I started this blog it was to attune the mother in the woman. Three years hence I am trying to reorient the woman in this mother.

As I crammed my wobbly ass into pants today I reflected on a bloody difficult year for both iterations. The off-putting nature of post-babydom. The loss of job, take in of nanny. Loss of nanny, take in of job. The full-time schema and all. It is officially too much for me.

The 'life'. It's too much.

I mutter, mutter and rail. Placating with those cheese crackers and an onslaught of ice cream. My ass telling the story words evade. Little to help me tell self-loathing to bugger off -- instead I beckon. So Sage, since you asked, I guess that's what I'll think of'08; transitions, lack of control and fresh starts that slink off, more suitable for a younger self.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well. Aren't you just full of the Christmas spirit, missy. HA! Are you any closer to finding resolution with your situation? Or rather 'situations' since they seem to change so frequently. And with very little warning.

11:11 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Ya. At midnight on December 31st, I will be telling 2008 not to let the door hit it in the ass.

As for asses, I don't even want to talk about what's become of mine. Didn't the Chinese offer us some kind of magic bullet for 2008, what with the 08.08.08 taking place? I smell a Rat.

7:37 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

If you have little internally to tell the self-loathing to bug off, you should at least know that I (and mine) think you are fantastic. (funny, kind, interesting, with charming and polite children and a husband who buys ice cream) You are great.

12:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odd numbers are better so 09 will be. Besides, your (so-called) wobbly ass deserves a break. Close, year, close already.

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Sounds good to me. Any room for another wobbly ass?

5:53 p.m.  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

I have hope for your ass in '09.

Um...okay, I meant that to come out a lot better than it did.

And I have hope for mine in '09, too. Here's to the New Year!

6:40 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I have hope I can get my own wobbly ass into gear this next year, too. I hate not taking pride in what I'm doing and right now, I'm just not. I know the first few months are to get through, but I feel like the corner is still just ahead, not turned yet, and winter is not making it easier to reach.

Bet 09 is an up year for you, too, becuase I've found that knowing you need to find something of yourself again is a sure sign you are getting ready to go looking. It will be intersting to see what we each come up with.

10:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home