Friday, January 26, 2007

Mill on the Floss

So I was driving down Main Street last week in the bimbo box feelin' as not cool as I am all the family packed along. It was a sunshiney day and everyone was fed and rested-like en route to a Saturday afternoon nap. I was rushing to seal the deal and tuck toddler to bed before infant got a screech on for the mammaries.

An ill timed stop light. Kids all twichy

I drum my fingers on the steering wheel and run my tongue over my teeth with impatience. Hey, hang on. What the hell is that!!

In that moment I felt in my own mouth the sort of thing I had been digging for in the mouth of my six month old. Wee, pearly white buds. WHAT the fuck! I think maybe some upper wisdom tooth that I didn't get extracted have poked through? Well is'nt that a trip.

Another terrifying trip to the dentist for me. I usually avoid them like the plague since I have pretty poor dental hygine and it's enough for me to get my guilt at church. I have always admired p-man's dental care though I have to remember that some thoughtful orthodontist pulled about 14 teeth out of his head when he was in high school so, unlike me, he can usually floss quite easily with a pair of pantyhose.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Okay, I have to get that pantyhose image out of my head. Right now.

I'm with you, I'm completely scared of the dentist. I'd probably pretend I never felt anything just to avoid having to face "the pick".

5:03 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

My daughter would be more than happy to pull it out for you.

6:57 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

DITTO. Terrified of dentists, for the same reasons. Ack. Ack.

5:42 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

I've always hated the trips to the dentist and have had to be careful not to infect the girls with my terror.

For some reason, they're not afraid at all and, in fact, all have a crush on their good looking dentist. They flirt shamelessly.

7:28 a.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Hee hee! I love the pantyhose joke. My teeth are pretty tight to, since my thoughtful orthodontist just lined 'em up so snug they can't move anyway.

I have an on-again-off-again relationship with the floss, myself. I'll be all religious about it for a while, then fall of the wagon for a couple of months, so what my dentist has to say is all about where the visit lands in the cycle of good or bad kittenpie.

2:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home