Friday, February 02, 2007

Kilroy wuz here




Do you know the gnome?

That age when the butt balancing, post supine human in your house starts to do all those normal things we take for granted. It's here. I have a three-foot tall person with no hair and poopy pants who can stand! He spends minutes on end pulling himself up and smiling just prior to the crash. He can be propped up with an assortment of toys and work for like 20 minutes. Behold the joys of drawer emptying. Ahh the industry of six months of development.

When I go to the crib now it is not just in response to a shaking crib and calling baby. Two eyes peek over, two hands and a nose.

Yep. The Gnome has Arrived. I love this stage. Kilroy is here.

Have great weekends, all.

ps... is it tacky p-man will officially learn this milestone has been reached by checking the blog?

UPDATED TO CORRECT: ERGH -- my mistake to report him as three feet, of course he's closer to two feet. I will indulge in blaming the metric system this time rather than the fact I suck at any kind of spatial reasoning.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Three feet tall? I'm having a hard time imagining this. Ada is huge and she's only 33 inches (at 1.5 years).

2:50 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Still getting over your monster baby. What a big kid! No wonder he's pulling the "Kilroy". He's getting ready to propel himself out of the crib and parachute down to the floor when your back is turned.

5:24 p.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

Of course that is a exaggeration/mistake. Sheesh. He was 64 centimeters at his last check up so he is actually much closer to two feet.

Gawd. I forget (deny) how small they are at this age. He's just cut tooth #3 and likes to say Da, uh-da, da, tha'.

Sorry for the error in reporting

7:26 p.m.  
Blogger Denver Dad said...

Congrats on the new development! Now, look out!

8:14 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

I wondered at three feet and then read the update.

He's in about the same place as my newest grandchild who is now doing his version of crawling. His mom says he looks like an inchworm.

I love that nose over the crib look.

2:21 a.m.  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Awww, I love when they peek over things. Those big curious eyes! Such a fun stage.

5:13 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Phew, I was getting worried you were building the canadian master race up there.

10:50 a.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

Oh NL there is a Canadian master race up here... but you would be right to doubt we are a part of it.

7:59 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

three feet, two feet - gnomishly adorable either way.

(and - a measure of how innumerate I am that I didn't give a second thought to the 3 foot six-month old.)

5:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah on the moment of triumph! Next comes walking, then, amazingly soon thereafter, running. And running and running and running and running...

8:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home