Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Paradigm Shit


Well Miss Fancy just returned from a successful underpants day at daycare. So far it has been at-home success so I am pretty damn happy to find her coming home in the same pants I sent her in. Can anyone tell me where to get nice child's underwear by the way, especially training pants. I swear the disposables are nicer -- can we say corporate consumer conspiracy?

Anyway, it seemed time for us parents to get off our disposable training pants addiction and I think we have done it. I knew she was up to it. I mean she wouldn't be my kid if she's couldn't hold it for 6 hours or whatever. We will seal the deal next week for Valentine's Day which we have now explained is "the underwear holiday."

And as a follow up here are a few asides about this life without diapers; things I didn't realize till now.
1. She is no longer automatically wearing waterproof pants when we go to the playground. Piss.
2. Wow if we are a bit late on numero duo those underwear have nowhere near the sealing power of a pull up.
3. She now has to learn how to 'take turns' for the bathroom. So it begins my mother noted.
4. I now realize the real purpose of bathing your kid nightly. She gets kinda yucky down there cause well "I can do it by myself", of course.
5. It takes about a week before propriety to set in... I have now been summarily ordered to "Get outta here" when she is taking her turn. Fine with me.

And that is the Mo-Wo Ass Wednesday report from our asses. As p-man is up to his ass in work to earn our new home.

ps.. for those into other nether regions posts for the week don't miss this.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Yay! on the potty training/big girl underwear for a whole day! I like your version of "Underwear Day" much better than my husband's, which usually includes something black or red and frilly... Oh, and itchy.

6:57 p.m.  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Congrats to your big girl! Potty training, a topic that scares me, why?

4:48 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

I got my not-too-ostentacious girl underwear at Winners recently. They had a bunch of plain Osh-Kosh and Calvin Kliens (shrug) for $4.99 for a 3 pack.

9:20 a.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

I got bribeworthy unies at extra foods.

Dora!

Caity is on a potty strike.
She knows how
She knows when
She can even hold till she has a diaper.

She WON'T go on the potty.

12:20 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

We found the Bay and Zellers carry perfectly fine undies. I like Fruit of the Loom best for a nice comfy generous fit and wide enough elastic, though we have some of the house brand and they seem fine too. (and of course the infamous Dora undies we used to bribe her into wanting to potty train so she could wear them. Yup, corporate evil trained my toddler!)

And? Ahem, my word verification starts with "GST". Heh.

12:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home