Well Miss Fancy just returned from a successful underpants day at daycare. So far it has been at-home success so I am pretty damn happy to find her coming home in the same pants I sent her in. Can anyone tell me where to get nice child's underwear by the way, especially training pants. I swear the disposables are nicer -- can we say corporate consumer conspiracy?
Anyway, it seemed time for us parents to get off our disposable training pants addiction and I think we have done it. I knew she was up to it. I mean she wouldn't be my kid if she's couldn't hold it for 6 hours or whatever. We will seal the deal next week for Valentine's Day which we have now explained is "the underwear holiday."
And as a follow up here are a few asides about this life without diapers; things I didn't realize till now.
1. She is no longer automatically wearing waterproof pants when we go to the playground. Piss.
2. Wow if we are a bit late on numero duo those underwear have nowhere near the sealing power of a pull up.
3. She now has to learn how to 'take turns' for the bathroom. So it begins my mother noted.
4. I now realize the real purpose of bathing your kid nightly. She gets kinda yucky down there cause well "I can do it by myself", of course.
5. It takes about a week before propriety to set in... I have now been summarily ordered to "Get outta here" when she is taking her turn. Fine with me.
And that is the Mo-Wo Ass Wednesday report from our asses. As p-man is up to his ass in work to earn our new home.
ps.. for those into other nether regions posts for the week don't miss this.