Thursday, July 17, 2008

2.0, A Happy Birthday Post

It is two years since he arrived like this.
I did not plan a moment of him. I fulfill the stereotype of declining angst to his care. It has been said that my son is my heart and my patience. Each child has given me a precious insight and a personal betterment. This I never expected.

It has been said, for all I did to expel him that day in July now I wanna do as many things as I can to cling to him and keep him close. Here he is today, seven weeks two-years old. Ah, the pleasantness of what he left inside me for him, of what he puts there with each new day and the awe of all he is becoming here on the outside.

DSCN3919.JPG


*****

I thank God that I have loved you every moment as yourself. Never a moment were you the commodity BABY. I detest the commodity "baby" and how society offers so much to make us anxious about baby minding and so little about loving and caring for Julian, or Alec or D'Qwell or whatver their names are. I love this person so much.



IMG_0088.jpg


I do cry now it's true. A few tears of love and pleasure, a moments greed for all I have had for these two years and then collapse in every chamber of my heart for wanting it to stretch on forever. I have no proportion. I would persist eternally if I could in our ketchup splashed luncheon. Please boy-o rework my knees with your new toy screwdriver. Tally-ho! that bright green stroller, you and I. Must the sun set at the gaudy play boat in the middle of the park?

****

July 17 2006 you were late.
So late.

Not quite an image of us.
Are you ours?

Busy and loving.
Handsome. robust.

Elsewhere I suppose I am a planner.
Here, you make me love surprises.

Here. Hear.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

appy Birthday, nuthatch.

He looks so very much like you in that gorgeous bathtub shot.

7:10 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Hey! Who stole my H?

7:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh he is the image of you all right.

surprises can be good, can't they. I'm on board.

Happy happy birthday to him - best wishes to you.

7:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(anonymous is cheesefairy, posting from not her own computer because it blew up)

7:10 a.m.  
Blogger Bon said...

what a beautiful post. and the commodity baby has nothing on a real true beloved child.

happy birthday Nuthatch.

6:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks soooo much like you...

3:36 p.m.  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

Awww what a lovely birthday wish.

9:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Nuthatch, slayer of babysitters.

11:34 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Oh my, he's lovely! How is it that I didn't realize he would be two by now? Time flying, or maybe the time change between coasts?

1:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home