Friday, May 18, 2007

Good Things

So it is the weekend. In Canada a long weekend, in fact. A time to feel good. My last post hinted at me feeling like a bad parent. Here are two things that I had happen recently that made me know I am a good parent, like you say (thanks for that you dear commenters!).

#1 My smiling daughter exclaims in a breathy voice, "Oh, thank you. Thank you. Thank you." At the sight of 5 smarties as a reward. The thrill of this sugar recompense being thus measured is gratifying. It was as if she had just been given a marvel of such rare quality as something rare and marvelous might be that I was so proud. Demonstrable of my persistence over several days to distance myself from bribery.

#2 My son having two peaceful naps in a day where he did not have to go shopping or unpack my fridge for amusement. Thanks to my parents taking E. yesterday I was able to spoil my son in a way I like. Extra minutes for play with me instead of just near me is so often an unattainable goal. But whoa did we laugh our asses off yesterday.. good times.

I can add to this review of Mo-Wo good things that I experienced a simulatenous nap period for more than 90 minutes this afternoon. 90 minutes! In that time I called an out of town friend I owed a callback to for hmmmm.... 3 years? That was very nice. It was even better that she told me 'you know I think of you whenever I see Maggie Gyllenhaal. you must get that a lot." Well, no. I think in fact she was merely recognizing that I looked something like Ms. Gyllenhaal for 25 minutes back in 1990 when my friend and I were both young gypsy ladies all backpacking like and illegally overnighting on some Welsh Beach in August. Interesting what memory holds and how an image can be so distorted towards beauty by good feeling. Memory and the Internet... so I will now command you all to think that I do actually look like this, even today.



Here's wishing everyone a very good weekend and some goods things coming your way, too.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger NotSoSage said...

Done.

Now whenever I think of you, I'll think "Mo-Wo is H-AWWWT." Not that I didn't think that already.

7:40 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Whoa! Where are those jobs in BC. I'd love to get me some of that Maggie action. Mmmmm, Maggie in yoga pants. How hot is that?

8:08 p.m.  
Blogger Sandra said...

No of course I always thought you did look like this. Of course. So hot Mo-Wo. P-man is so very lucky.

Happy May 2-4 (even though it's no where near 24 this year!)

1:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home