Monday, September 03, 2007

With Purpose

So Mad put the call out for kitsch. Well I have plenty. The fish lamp, the Sampan lamp, the Juice King. I have long lost my Gaynor and Dorothy Maddox tell you How to Plan the Perfect Dinner Party; I suppose that was my peak.

So many choices still remain... Red and Rhinstone Buddha? AnCORN Watt? Nah... This is what I'll offer. I keep the following magazine ad framed in my bathroom. It sort of looks like us. And there is the power of the sentiment in the headline. Hahahahahahaha. Lately my favorite part is the segment that reads Don't Offend Needlessly.


Maybe we should change the tagline. Mo-Wo and P-man Offending with Purpose since 1995.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

It does look like you guys. Wow. Almost as happy even.

5:33 a.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

That's fantaastic. I have a book from about 1898 called "The Perfect Woman" that is quite hilarious, as is another book on mothering that goes on at great length about how dressing your children properly will instill proper habits and behaviours in them. I wish.

10:45 a.m.  
Blogger L. said...

Wow, it really DOES look like you guys!

Well, I mean, it really does look like PHOTOS of you guys, which is all I've seen.

Happy anniversary again, just for the hell of it.

5:35 p.m.  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

Awesome. Halitosis will end your marriage. BE WARNED.

We have an ad for 7-Up from 1955 in our kitchen - I've even posted it - that claims that it's so pure and wholesome that even babies can drink it and suggests to moms that if their toddler doesn't like to drink milk, they should try mixing it half-and-half with 7-Up. Yum!

11:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home